So Firefox 8 has been released meaning Firefox 9 is now in beta and Firefox 10 is now on the Aurora channel. Trouble is, even if you are using compatibility reporter from the add ons site, most of your add ons will now be disabled. This is because compatibility reporter only supported up to Firefox 9. Anyway the fix is simple.
- Open a new tab
- Type about:config in the url bar and press enter
- Click the I’ll be careful, I promise! button
- Right click anywhere on the list that appears and select New then Boolean.
- For the preference name put extensions.checkCompatibility.10.0a and click OK
- Now select false and click OK
- Now do the same again but this time name it extensions.checkCompatibility.10.0
- Again set it to false.
Now close Firefox and when you restart all your extensions should be working again.