A collection of free stuff and things I recommend
If you find a broken/dead link or an offer has expired please us the CONTACT ME link at the bottom of the page to report it. Feel free to also offer suggestions for other freebies you'd like me to add.
A * indicates that I personally use this program
- PSPad is a text editor that has syntax colouring for all the major coding/scripting languages as well as a built in FTP client and auto complete feature.
- This is an amazing graphics program. As simple to use as MS Paint but a hell of a lot more powerful.
- IrfanView is a very fast, small, compact and innovative FREEWARE (for non-commercial use) graphic viewer for Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/XP. It will view almost all known image formats and let you print, crop, add filters, and much much more!
- Spamihilator is a spam filter that site on your machine between your email client and your email server. It has a plethora of plugins that make it 99% effective in stopping spam from reaching your inbox.
- Small but powerful anti virus program.
- A free replacement to Internet Explorer and Outlook Express. Firefox empowers you to browse faster, more safely and more efficiently than with any other browser. Join more than 80 million others and make the switch today — Firefox imports your Favorites, settings and other information, so you have nothing to lose.
- FileZilla is a fast and reliable FTP client and server with lots of useful features and an intuitive interface.
- Connect to ICQ®, AIM®, MSN® Messenger, Yahoo!® Messenger and IRC in a single, sleek and slim interface. Trillian is completely free, with no use limits, no spyware and no ads. 8 Million downloads can't be wrong!
- SpywareBlaster can help keep your system spyware-free and secure, without interfering with the "good side" of the web. And unlike other programs, SpywareBlaster does not have to remain running in the background.
- Ad Aware*
- A good program to combat "spyware" programs from relaying information about your surfing habits to advertising companies. Ad-aware will thoroughly scan your system registry and other folders to safely delete these packages. Inexperienced computer users will also find Ad-aware easy to use, it's "wizard-style" interface allows for step-by-step deletion of spyware.
- Spybot Search & Destory*
- Another adware/spware removal program. Finds things that Ad Aware doesn't and vice versa.